The Killing Joke!(2pts) and The Dark Knight Returns (4pts)

 The Killing Joke was such an amazing novel. Maybe it's because I really do like to read Batman.

My reaction after reading the text was that it was great and the expressions were just amazing and that ending wow...I'm just speechless. Bolland's visuals are just unbelievable. The expressions on the faces, the body language, even the colors are as close to perfect as you can get. If I were to change something I would change maybe the ending especially the last pages I just really did not want to see that ending. I don't know maybe that was what made the comic magical and amazing but I really could not get that into my head I just wanted to reject that scene. I think overall Batman was different than other superheroes anyway since he is just a normal human which is not the case for most of the superheroes I really liked and admired Batman. The story had such a wonderful hint of madness to it, that even with the Joker telling you about his past, it still leaves you wondering if that's really what happened.


The Dark Knight Returns: 

 One of the most influential graphic novels of all time, this amazing story single-handedly resurrected the character of Batman as the Dark Knight after the 70s and early 80s Especially the tv shows before this simply HORRIBLE. After this comics saw the creation of very popular anti-heroes like Wolverine, both of which were inspired by Miller’s version of the Dark Knight. In addition, the comic world began to see darker, edgier versions of classic characters being aimed at more mature audiences like daredevil or green arrow.

In the Dark Knight Returns Batman actually uses guns but it's for good reasons. also this is really the art and story wise a really good peak for Frank Miller ,.

Comments

Popular Posts